Friday, August 14, 2009

Yankee Stadium 2009 # 1

Earlier this week I went to the new Yankee Stadium (for the first time) and saw a day game against the Blue Jays. The weather wasn't the best (light rain for a couple of innings) however the game was exciting and the stadium was awesome! I took a lot of photos (what do you expect) but I have narrowed them down to two postings. Here are some inside and outside photos of the stadium.





This was the view for the stadium from my seat. Section 307, Row 10, Seat 1.


Everyone at the stadium had different Yankee jerseys on. But I thought this one represent the storied history of the Yanks. For you non baseball fans, from left to right: Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, and Mariano Rivera (the Yanks current ace closer)
Before the game, I waited in about a 40 minute line to get into Monument Park in the outfield. This is were all the great Yankees (who's jerseys have been retired) are honored. For a life long Yankee fan, it was a treat!


Later today I will post photos from the game. BTW, the Yanks won in extra innings. It's been a great season so far!




No comments: