Saturday, August 15, 2009

NYC: From Soho to Upper West Side

I spent less than 48 hours in New York City.. and thanks to the great subway system covered a lot ground in Manhattan. This building is in Soho...



Upper West Side, this the Rose Center for Earth and Space @ American Museum at Natural History.

I couldn't stop thinking about Robin Williams character in the hit movie "Night at the Museum" when I saw this statue outside the Museum of Natural History. If you haven't seen the movie, he plays Theodore Roosevelt the main statue that comes alive after dark.

Back in Soho... outside a pub/bar, I loved this art work...

While in NYC, I went inside two Museums. The first was the International Center of Photography near Bryant Park. The second (below) is my favorite NYC Museum, the Guggenheim designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. In October, it will celebrate it's 50th Anniversary of its dedication. On display now is tribute to the famed architect Wright with sketches of his built and unbuilt building from across the country.


Times Square at night...







No comments: