Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness


it wasn't a good day for the two teams I was rooting for in the NCAA tournament... the first was AU. they actually surprised many by hanging in with a really good Tennessee team. it would have been a HUGE upset if AU won, but they came up short... they played a great game and for their first appearance in the NCAA Tourney they have a lot to be proud off!


the other team is UCONN. i have been following them and fan ins 1989. they lost in overtime to San Diego in of the two big upsets of the day (the other was Sienna beating Vanderbilt). at least UCONN has two national titles, but this loss I still really have accepted. they had a good young team, and I thought they could have gone far. but like the Big East tournament they weren't able to get by their opening game. oh well, I guess I will have to root for Georgetown.


i will not to try to make this a sports blog, but I can't fail to mention that Tiger Woods is one shot of the lead at WGC-CA Championship in Doral, Florida. going into the weekend. this is a really nice golf course (most known for the famed Blue Monster) outside of Miami. I was there six years ago before it was a World Championship Tournament and before they attracted a good field. i remember watching David Duval sitting in the middle of the fairway waiting to hit the ball. turns out he wasn't feeling well, and I wasn't feeling the tournament and left after only being there two hours. anyways, go Tiger!

No comments: