Monday, August 3, 2009

26 Hours in NE PA: Part 2 Baseball

Saturday Night was spent @ PNC Field in Moosic, PA (near Scranton/Wilkes-Barre). In 2007 the NY Yankees AAA team moved from Columbus Ohio to this field. This field had been the home for the Phillies for more than 15 years.


I will be heading to the Bronx next week, to photograph and take in my first game at the new Yankee Stadium... This poster got me very excited for my trip (and upcoming vacation).

I always love the guys (possibly father and son) who stay in the very top seats, even though lower seats are available.
The Yankees mascot was hit among the kids.

This was the ground crew working in between games (it was a doubleheader). They had about 25 minutes between games.


This Yankee hitter got a free pass to first base, after being hit by a ball thrown my the Red Sox pitcher.


As I wrote in Sunday's blog posting, the Yankees beat the Red Sox in both games (8-2, 4-0).



No comments: