Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Orleans Day 3 (Part 1)


Going to do today's posting in two parts, because it's taking a long time to load pictures and I want to go for a swim. So I started the day by going to mass at the famous St. Louis Cathedral located at Jackson Square. You might remember it as the backdrop for President Bush's big address a few weeks after Katrina. The mass was celebrated by the Archbishop of New Orleans Alfred Hughes. It was very cool experience (and I was happy I made it to church while on vacation!!!). Afterwords, I met up with my friend and we had a Beignet (which is a doughnut) at the famous Cafe du Monde (located across from Jackson Square. I had never made it to Cafe du Monde in my previous trips to New Orleans, so I was happy to see what all the fuss was about. The Beignets (three for $1.82) were great! More later about the rest of my day..

No comments: